About This Year's Conference:
Dates: Nov. 18-20, 2015
- Theme: Family Reunion
- Location: The Lodge of the Four Seasons, 315 Four Seasons Drive, Lake Ozark, MO 65049
- Conference Registration Fee: $125 (through Oct. 23); $175 after Oct. 24
- On-line Registration (Opens early August)
- Reserve Your Room (The Lodge of the Four Seasons - $70 room rate, per night/per person)
The annual Conference is sponsored by Area Resources for Community and Human Services (ARCHS), Missouri Department of Corrections, Missouri Department of Social Services, and Family and Community Trust (FACT).
Community Forum: Today's Heroin Epidemic - Lessons Learned in the 70s
Friday, August 28, 2015
- 2:00 to 4:30 PM
- Employment Connection
- 2838 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63103
Employment Connection, St. Louis Alliance for Reentry (STAR), U.S. Probation Office, National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (NCADA), ARCHS, and other community partners will present this forum. Lessons learned from the 70s until today will shed light on the heroin epidemic we currently face in the St. Louis region.
Dr. William Harvey will join us as the keynote speaker. He currently is a consultant with: National Drug Information Centre for Families in Action, American Institute of Research, Office of Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention, National Institute on Drug Abuse, and National Institute on Alcoholism & Alcohol Abuse. Formerly in St. Louis, Dr. Harvey co-directed the Narcotics Service Council (NASCO) with "ex-addict" Don Mitchell until Don's death. They co-founded the organization, which from the early 70s to the 90s operated nonnarcotic heroin detoxification and a group therapeutic halfway house with inpatient and outpatient services.
- Dr. Harvey (see above)
- Nancy McCarthy, Co-Chair, STAR and Regional Administrator, Missouri Dept. of Corrections
- Scott Anders, Deputy Chief, U.S. Probation Office, Eastern District of Missouri
- Jared Opsal, Public Awareness Specialist, NCADA
RSVP to Brenda Mahr, CEO, Employment Connection at:
Seating is limited!
Saturday, August 22, 2015
- 6:00 pm Doors Open
- 7:00 pm Trivia Begins
- $200 per table of 8 or $25 per person
- Beer, soda & snacks provided
- Raffles, games & cash prizes
- St. James the Greater Gym, 1360 Tamm Avenue in Dogtown
- Parking behind St. James School
On October 17, 2015, Manasseh Ministry will host its 9th annual EXMAD (Ex-offenders Making a Difference) fundraiser. Proceeds will go to benefit the Scholarship Endowment Fund for Children with Love Ones Incarcerated, awarding $500 each to several such children lacking basic essentials.
For sponsorship information, contact Richard Jackson, Chief Executive Officer, at 314-732-7340, c/o Manasseh Ministry, 1442 Chambers, St. Louis, MO 63135.
The Journey Home: Reconnecting with Family & Community
Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Time: 8 am to Noon
Place: Harrison Center, 3140 Cass Ave, St. Louis, MO 63106
Panelists: St. Louis Family Court, Fathers' Support Center, Center for Women in Transition, Mission Gate, and St. Louis Community College
Special Guest Moderator: Wesley Bell (pictured) Ferguson City Council Member; Coordinator, Criminal Justice Program at St. Louis Community College-Florissant Valley; Municipal Court Judge; and Attorney
Cost: Free (Only 100 registrations available) - RSVP by Monday, June 22, 2015